Hi from the Highlands of Scotland

Hi all, thank you for allowing me to join this group. I have no experience of watch repair, but want to learn as I have a couple of watches that need a little attention. I've bought a basic watch repair kit, which has already proven invaluable in basic tasks such as battery replacements and link removal etc., but I'd like to expand my skill set.

I am not a big watch collector, though I do have approximately 20. 

I'm in my 50's, and for as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to get a genuine Rolex, though I don't know that I would ever justify such a purchase if money wasn't an issue, but who know, one day maybe I'll get one in need of some TLC and will be able to repair it 🙂

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Post a shot of your watches to the YOUR WATCH COLLECTION area.

I only have two mechanical watches the rest are quartz.

I've only been here on the forum since about March and have learned a lot. In the time I've bought a lot of tools and messed up my share of balances. One of these days I'll have a success!