Intro (and looking for 7751 replacement...)

TonWes

Hi, new to this forum... Proud owner of an vintage IWC Porsche quartz and an early VanderKlaauw.

I came across this forum looking for a quartz replacement for a ETA 7751 (moon phase) in a vintage case. The current movement is unrepairable. I could replace it with an Asian unit, but as long as I drop the original movement anyway, I would not mind rather exchanging this one for quartz.

There are plenty of movements available, but I have not been able to trace one which matches the 7751 dials and cases.

Any suggestions?

Ton

Hi Ton,

I'm the proud owner of a (recently serviced) IWC Spitfire 🙂

To date I have just been sourcing movements for practice and have yet to go in search of anything specific. So, no help to you there.

I'm sure that there are folks here who would be able to help you find what you're looking for but I don't think a majority of them look at this sub-forum. You might want to re-ask here: https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/4-watch-repairs-help-advice/

Valjoux/ETA 7751  Restricted parts/movements due to the SWATCH policy.   movements will probably turn up on ebay some times as NOS movements if you want to swap like for like.  Replaceing the movement with a quartz movement will entail alterations such as a movement insert new dial or altering the current dial feet assuming you can get a quartz unit with the moophase.

Thanks for the input. I found the 2017 topic and the reference to the 3LZF2. I would require the 3LZF19 though (moon phase). If I would replace the 7751, I'd rather use quartz then an Asian replica.

Ebay lists chinese rep for the 7751 between $72-$250, new 7751 are offered for $750 with dials of choice. I cannot find quartz replicas, at least nog with 7751 dimensions. Could be they ar just not there

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.