I'm new...I'm new

Hello all.   Actually thought I registered for this site back when I took the watch repair course but guess I was wrong.  My name is Chris.  I am retired military and have been working on clocks for around 8 years.  My dad owns a clock shop and taught me everything I know on clocks.  I recently just graduated watchmaking at Gem City College in Quincy, IL.  Will be moving to Arkansas in a couple months and going to help dad at his store.  Guess that's all I have for now.   Looking forward to helping and gaining knowledge from fellow horologists.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cwjacksonka said:

Hello all.   Actually thought I registered for this site back when I took the watch repair course but guess I was wrong.  My name is Chris.  I am retired military and have been working on clocks for around 8 years.  My dad owns a clock shop and taught me everything I know on clocks.  I recently just graduated watchmaking at Gem City College in Quincy, IL.  Will be moving to Arkansas in a couple months and going to help dad at his store.  Guess that's all I have for now.   Looking forward to helping and gaining knowledge from fellow horologists.

Hi Chris! I only joined 2-3 days ago.  I looked over the syllabus for the course.  It seemed like a very detailed course.  How did you like it?

5 hours ago, Cwjacksonka said:

Hi cw. Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you'll be a great asset . Enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the intro @Cwjacksonka welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement which has been stalled for a while as I am still waiting for a mainspring winder.

Sounds as if you might be an asset in this forum, certainly in the clock corner here.

• 4 weeks later...