Grand Seiko 4420-9000 Parts

Hi All,

Hope we're all doing well.

I have a Grand Seiko 4420-9000 in need of some restoration and mechanical work. I sent it off to a restorer who assessed the watch and advised that unfortunately a couple of parts are either missing or broken, and they cannot source them and therefore complete the work they were going to, so they had to retun the watch as is.

The parts are the clutch wheel, setting level and setting level spring.

Does anyone know where I may be able to source these parts from, or, if these parts may be transferable from another similar (hopefully considerably cheaper...) movement?

Thanks in advance
Matt

Hi Matt  Only found the setting lever at Jules Borel (USA) , spring and clutch wheel discontinued. Maybe try speedtinerkollection.co in europe  a seller of second user parts also welwynwatchparts.co.uk. the same, cousins UK nothing listed.  may find a donor on Ebay if you are lucky.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MattWatch said:

I have a Grand Seiko 4420-9000

These watches were made and sold exclusively in Japan. You will not find parts in other places. It seems strange that all these these keyless parts are in fact missing or broken. I suggest that you check and verify.

I love a good parts hunt…

You will find a parts list here with the Seiko part numbers

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/seiko-calibers-technical-repair-manuals.15/page-3

Searching by Seiko part number brings up the following…

set lever spring 388974 on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324140421853?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item4b784652dd:g:oZcAAOSwsWpenEtG&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACkPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSvhAqMt0wg86xg8aAkgjQJBcT9WA8rWFjqveKfdF5Em%2FT2esOHPZ1vZYjDNqnEJQSiQLeCMO3RNM5KQfHoRQCiWLZzpKkSqMrWAK16h%2BCC9nCZ8mYJ0dLpEwgkPQISc0hoGcOUlOnMt5RwLqFRT12ScgmBtFmTeIVem08UYmDbDB%2FQYjkqfktXYRKTFhlzwGjWlkPaK%2B1qJ48fLT4Omp3Famt0C5Mgc5ZB0xU628sdwc1AlpQw2BCDKnSyxuUNtAFbSrlh2T85WoJb2TyxcZR76nQCOzJtBUiT%2BI0sCOrt0ym6BPTYnCjIPvaXxC51VUT16ksueD%2FX4FVSDdcgFqkEXF8bOGOBvEXge19XNQx7OAalWarZN0vOioLeERFObOnVxYwjksff0slg6mmuz0VzKM62761u9SLLo%2FsRLIRiMBmUna8UNfaSYZM178gQdohUVatDbfYJ%2FLpoQqXFZZqfUAbvQ73hjmkSTxfQOb3kU8oVuf5XeqS4iAfXzEmF2X7ad4A30BD9W6tUa0lTLxgI%2FIXoeQtaj1CYeTkfyVBFfmewD9CMyfvuQ82Woz8Q3HFqoEYXtEFpyF4Z%2FmYl0EKy%2Fu9DAJxpfmKkhYqyxeO7UrLb26hLRSO%2BZcaMBXOQ5O7aSbguOBNtwONvc6IRG7SfNpGvENhYjqnQjzFdKQ5%2Fk0zBnwQ5XtjYowxDcdUHlJvjSjVPoZ%2BiXdDVC5FRav1z%2Bagq3HP4mmvukDCYx%2BzCXC4W0yS4XtvoipfyL55BXlV3ZuZnmKQpw9%2F2hevnF%2FMxJXh1Lj97Bs%2FHsYFJPawoJFb32RQ6qMPYKR%2FOlFm6Vqt|clp%3A2334524|tkp%3ABFBM_o36nvFf

The same seller has the setting lever (383974) and did have the clutch wheel listed (282440), but the auction is now over - might be worth asking them if it sold or the auction just ended.

Alternatively, if you can find a Japanese translator, I think you can get a clutch wheel here: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g1017156851