Badische Wall Clock

RogerH

I bought this clock a while ago and it's been running quite nicely in the workshop but thought I'd finally get it on the bench. It's a vienna Styled wall clock in good condition but sadly someone has been very generous with the oil! Let the cleaning begin! The make looks to be a Badische but it's not a make I'm familiar with,  (looks a bit Ansonia) does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this make? All info gratefully received. 

20220107_151723.jpg

20220107_152151.jpg

20220107_151523.jpg

20220107_151837.jpg

20220107_151509.jpg

Looks much like an ansonia in as much as the plates are quite thin ,  But it uses a count wheel for the strike.  the Ansonia does the same but uses a serieies of levers  known as "J" levers,  David La Bounty in the USA is the guru. points to look for are the usual ones  are worn holes and pivots but usually give good service if looked after.  To remove the springs wind them up and fit clamps or tywraps. before splitting the plates.

Thanks Watchweasol,  from what I can see Carl Badische was part of the black forest lot closing in 1920, but then opened again with probably a chequered history but I'm not too sure. The springs are actually in barrels so should come out easily enough.  A better pic attached. 

20220107_182157.jpg

Yep it’s German. It has what are called lantern pinions, this means the pivots do not have to have a really good fit in the pivot holes they can take more wear then the solid pinions. It should be 8 day duration and its count wheel is inside the plate which is popular in many of this type of movement. The case is a type called a Vienna but this movement and case are from a proper Vienna. It is more of an imitation of the real thing. Your photo doesn’t show the top of the case but most likely it will have a carved decoration top that sits in a slot on the top of the main body of the case.