Now This Is What I Call A Steak-Ing Set...

All this talk of staking sets gives me an appetite for one of my tasty steaks, and I thought I'd share the recipe with you. So here goes:

1. Start with a nice piece of steak - you don't need expensive fillet for this - a nice piece of sirloin will do, or even rump.

2. You'll need a cast iron griddle - one of those heavy, square Le Creuset-type pans with a ribbed cooking base.

3. Scatter sea salt on to a chopping board or a large plate and turn the steak in the salt until well covered all over.

4. I always cook with gas but, whatever medium you use, turn up the hob heat to maximum, until the pan is smokin'!

5. When the griddle is piping hot, on goes the salted steak - no oil, no butter - just steak.

6. Turn the steak over every 30 seconds and cook to your preference - 4 minutes, 6 minutes, etc., until done

7. Eat!

Tasty? Mm mm!

Have a good Bank Holiday weekend!

Will

• Like 1

Last night Sirloin steak for three as we had our Grandson overnight. Thought he might not like so fish fingers were put in reserve. However not only did he devoir his also helped me with some of mine. Used Wills recipe for the steak,large flat mushrooms & home made chips.

Thanks Will BUT the Diet 100% starts today.