Raketa 2609 HA Parts

Hi having looked around the net there does not seem to be a magic place for Raketa spares other than the normal material houses and the ebay      There is this site  https://www.etsy.com/market/russian_watch_partsrwatch.net/Repair-Parts.html 

https://ussrwatch.net/Repair-Parts.html          I cant open this site though.    

2 hours ago, keflin2612 said:

Thanks watchweasol, loads of Russian movements but no Raketa 2609 HA "typical, just my luck" 😢

Maybe it's the same as another one, measure it to know.

And, maybe the original mainspring can still do good enough for the purpose of occasionally wearing a vintage piece. 

I agree with weasol, take measurements and buy a generic spring.

Or buy parts movements on eBay and find a useable mainspring there. There isn't really anything wrong with using an old spring, as long as it is not seriously deformed by previous removal and insertion.

The problem with going the generic route is that the 2609.HA uses a "T" end m/s, which dramatically reduces the range of what is available.

I just measured an old 2609.HA m/s as height 1.28mm, strength 0.11mm, length apptox 400mm (this is approx because the example that I have is missing its inner most coil but measured at 380mm). The nearest equivalents that Cousins has to offer are 1.30 x 0.11 x 280, which will have a shorter power reserve, or 1.30 x 0.095 x 320, which will still have a shorter power reserve but better than the 280 spring, but will likely give much lower amplitude. So unless you are able to find a more suitable generic elsewhere there will be significant compromise to be made.

If this is the route that you choose to go down then I would probably go for the first option and put up with having to wind the watch a bit more often.

I just checked the 1.25 height options that Cousins offers and there is a 1.25 x 0.115 x 360 T end (GR3142T) which is closer to the original and probably what I would go for. It's in a 10.5mm washer, and the Raketa barrel is just under 10.5 though so there is a good chance that it will need to be wound in by hand.

Edited by Marc
more info