Hairspring bend on vintage Durowe movement.

Hello,
I have a question regarding the hair spring.  I have a vintage Durowe movement I am getting running again.  The only thing it needed replacing was a hairspring.  I found a NOS hairspring and balance wheel in France thru Ebay and ordered the part.  When the part arrived I laid it across the balance cock I noticed that the bend in the outer coil was at the stud and with the spring over the regulator pin the outer coil is still concentric.

Now I know that the outer coil leading to the stud needs to be concentric with the rest of the coils but all the movements I've worked on, which isn't many, all had the bend and stud carrier on either side of the regulator pin.  The way this spring is set up, the stud carrier and regulator are on either side of the bend and Im wondering if this is acceptable practice?

Thanks,
George

I am not sure but I think I understand what you are describing. 

The bend can be either at beginging or the end of terminal curve or two bends one at the begining the other at the end of terminal curve.

What matters is the coil is to breath evenly.

Hope I guessed right and this helps.

• Like 1

Older movements offen had the terminal curve almost imperceptibly developed from the outermost coil, with a pronounced kink just before the stud. What you are describing sounds OK, but as others have pointed out, a picture would be very useful.

• Like 2