Help needed to identify Kundo anniversary clock

HectorLooi

I'll be working on this Kundo clock soon. It was sold as non-working. The suspension spring was there but missing the fork and the top pin. This used a pin instead of a screw because I checked the hole and there were no threads. The clock is grossly over oiled and badly gummed up. The mainspring is fully wound but absolutely no power is transmitted to the escapement. 

Is this a early model because I can't find any model number on the plates?

Thanks in advance.

20210523_123237.thumb.jpg.80ab19e9ddf921380ee555f0f7c9db53.jpg20210523_123322.thumb.jpg.7d7875136c25f95cbe64700eb2408bea.jpg20210523_123127.thumb.jpg.67d9b6c2da463b806cffb27a0294ec86.jpg

Thanks Willow, I think you're right on the money.

No OH, I think the winding arbor is fine. It's spherical distortion from the lens.

I can't figure out how to remove the clock dial. It has 'T' shaped key that goes through a slot on the bottom plate. I tried turning the hex shaped pillar to rotate the key but it doesn't budge.

This clock would need a lot of polishing work, a lot of the brass is badly tarnished. When re-lacquering the brass, how many coats of lacquer should be applied.

Would French chalk work on the brass work of the casing?

I lacquered some of the pieces with Windles brass lacquer last week. Till today, the surface still feels tacky and if two lacquered pieces touch each other, they'll stick together.

20210524_202430.thumb.jpg.656889d5794e8b48f02c1477c701d825.jpg

• 1 year later...

I actually just found this clock on the side of the road all in tact with all the glass etc. and for it's age consider it in excellent shape besides the clock actually working. how much would this cost to repair and is it worth it for the money. How much would a model like this go for to an interested buyer? 

Hi Dvanbrunt, welcome to the forum, you are asking a few question's about a clock that nobody can see, you need to post photos of the clock you have found for anybody to help you, photo's of the clock case the movement front and back etc.

And you need to start your own topic. You are actually in Hectorlooi topic and if you are refering to a clock like what he has posted then you still need to post photos. That clock has a couple of names anniversary clock being one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Hector horolac from cousins, quick drying.

Thanks @watchweasol. But this post is from two years ago. 

I got the Windles lacquer instead of the Horolacq because Horolacq is classified as a hazardous substance and is not permitted to be shipped to Singapore. 

The Windles dries eventually after a week. I now use a spray on lacquer from an art supply shop.