Is something missing here?

Mudos

Firstly, make sure you have the correct size battery. Next, of you look at this battery holder, there is a fixed side and a sprung side. You have to tilt the battery at an angle and get it in under the lip of the fixed side. Then use a toothpick or plastic stick to pull back the spring and drop the battery in completely.

The drive coil is very close to the spring, so whatever you do, don't slip and damage the coil.

Also, don't use a metal tweezer to hold the new battery ( as you may have seen in an instructional video on YouTube).

• Like 1

On the plate or on the plastic surround there will be a mark and a number that will be the maker of the movement and the caliber of the movement from that you can identify the battery required so that you get the correct one for the movement.  If you could post the maker and caliber number it would be helpful..   The advice given by Hector is sound follow that and protect the coil and all will be well.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that it should be the correct battery (TR621SW / V364). I found a PDF that says that it should correspond with the 5420A movement of the watch.

3 problems occur: 
-There is no 'lip' or 'fixed side' that I can slide the battery under. 
-The bottom spring is quite hard to press down, so there's a lot of tension on the battery when pushed down.
-The upper spring is way too flimsy to hold any of the tension of the bottom spring. It feels as even if I could fixate one side of the battery, the tension on the upper spring would be way too much.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or could it be possible that there's a part missing, some kind of battery cover that holds the battery down?

/Edit:
I attached the PDF regarding the movement. As far as I can determine, nothing in this PDF indicates that there's a part missing.

5420A.pdf

Edited by Mudos

30 minutes ago, Mudos said:

Roger that, a not so good design. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to get the back cover on with a jumpy battery, but I managed and it runs! Thanks a lot guys! 

I've been in such situation once or twice - poor design. Glad to hear you managed it and your watch is running. BZ!