Introduction

TomSmth

Greetings!

I live in Hungary and I don't have any experience with watch repair. I found one of my dad's old watches and started using it and absolutely fell in love with watches. Recently I bought an automatic Seiko 5 and I want to customize it a bit, maybe eventually do a full cleaning on it. It has a 6309A movement. 

Edited by TomSmth

• 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• It’s definitely a field that is not understood but is probably now the most important in manufacturing with the huge amount of automation and robotics being applied.   Tom
    • Absolutely WW ,  i know you speak for us all when you say this. So Mark,  Old hippy, other moderators, the pros and the old timers, yes you especially WW. The ones that always help us out with advice, give up their time for us and never ask for anything in return. Cheers me dears.
    • I have to add my thanks to @Mark for all he does here and his other site. It was Marks YouTube channel which got me into the track of the possibilities of repairing my own watches and servicing them. If I can help out at all as a moderator I volunteer wholeheartedly.   Tom
    • Well Gentlemen and Ladies I think we should thank @Mark for his posts putting our minds to rest and the explanation of running the site which is done very well. As a resource for watch repairs for new and old I would rate it second to none, the casual banter and dissemination of information  top notch, let us ll enjoy working on here and helping others. Any one can PM me as Iam sure others as well if it has to off the “record” and Marks blessing on that.   We appreciate that Mark is a busy man and totally appreciate what he does for us all.    So from me THANK YOU MARK. from an old timer.
    • Hi it depends on the watch. The ones with the day date complications  dial dots are not really any good as you have difficulty getting the clearance between day date wheels a the dial.  Dial feet can be fitted no problem, there are several options, the cheapest is to mill out where the foot is and glue a new foot on. ( available fron Cousins UK ) mterialhouse . Or solder on a new foot, only problem with that is you need great care not to mark the dial. I use a DIY. Dial foot machine works no problem.