That's My First Year In!

It's hard to believe that it's one year today since I joined the forum. Over the last year I have gained friends as well as knowledge.

Horology has become a way of life for me over the last few years, and if it wasn't for the forum and Mark's videos, I would have given up ages ago. My passion is refurbishing vintage wristwatches, particularly complicated ones that give my ageing grey matter a good workout. Solving tricky problems gives me a buzz, and sometimes a lot of frustration, but ultimately a lot of satisfaction when it goes well. Being able to help folk along the way is an added bonus!

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Mark publicly for his great endeavour, without which a lot of us would be a lot less knowledgable.

Edited by Geo
  • Like 1

Agree with Geo. The tinkering has become almost a pleasure even when things go wrong. As Will states the knowledge & info available on this forum just gets most hooked. Thanks Mark your my hero

Edited by clockboy
  • Like 1

The tinkering has become almost a pleasure even when things go wrong.

Me too, and joining you Geo and the rest of the gang. I never thought I would be into S&M with a watch or anything else for that matter! Enjoying it thoroughly and also the big bonus: the new friends here!  :)

• Like 1

Happy anniversary Geo.

I would like to echo the sentiments already expressed about this forum too.

I have followed many horological forums on the web over the last 8 or 10 years and they all seem to be very similar in feel. A bit exclusive, slightly demeaning of anyone who is not an "expert", and a bit snobby.

WRT on the other hand is different and stands out as an arena for the genuine and totally unpretentious exchange of ideas, where anyone can get assistance and information on just about any aspect of horology without being judged.

My congratulations and thanks obviously go to Mark for setting up and presiding over this place, but I would also like to express my appreciation to all of the forum members for their open mindedness and generosity of spirit. May it long continue.

• Like 2

Congratulations from me as well, your feelings are fully reciprocatedby all who have come into your company.

May the best ye hae ivver seen be the warst ye'll ivver see.

May the moose ne'er lea' yer girnal wi a tear-drap in its ee.

May ye aye keep hail an hertie till ye'r auld eneuch tae dee.

May ye aye juist be sae happie as A wuss ye aye tae be.

Sláinte

Vic

• Like 1

Congratulations, Geo. You were welcoming to me from the start and I appreciate that.

Hope to see you around for a long time to come And, yes, Thank You Mark for this vanue.

From one biker to another:

post-674-0-87609400-1426122193.gif

Me at Bodega Bay ('98) where Alfred Hitchcock filmed The Birds, on my purple beast. This is about 100 miles north from me in Santa Cruz.

Cheers,

Stu

• Like 1