Ikea - What An Experience!

I'd never been to Ikea until yesterday, when I drove up to the Croydon branch with my son. He's moved house and we decided to buy him some stuff - beds, etc. for the grandsons - from the store.

What a godawful place. I'm sure it's reasonably priced and with lots of stuff to choose from, but the arrangement - following an arrowed path through every possible department until you get to the warehouse, getting a trolley and then picking your stuff off the storage shelves - absolutely hellish. Then we queued for 30 minutes to get through the checkout...

I must be getting old. Not an experience I ever want to repeat if I can help it!

:phew:

Will your experience is not unusual,had the same hassle buying furniture for my son a couple of years ago. The labyrinth design gets me, know quick way out  and the check out is like a rugby scrum. I have put my foot down with a firm hand and refused to use this store again.

PS one of the draw units I purchased I have had to repair twice as the bottom of the draws fall out. Gorilla glue sorted it.

Edited by clockboy

When I lived in Edmonton, they built one next to the big Tescos. If memory serves, somebody got stabbed when they opened that place and a riot ensued, it was a midnight opening launch!

I went to the one in Nottingham - hated it.