Question For Exacto Watch...

Hi to all..

Okay, I have an Exacto watch model 5007-C. Super automatic , 30 jewels incabloc, is it a good watch or not ? So my question is : who's made this brand, and the year of this watch..

PS: i will need a casing for it because the lugs are broken :( But I guess it will be lot of money for the shipping :(....Thank you in advance for your comments.

Denis.

post-93-0-80058900-1424699481_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-60322400-1424699493_thumb.jpg

I agree, with clockboy, a case may be difficult. I have only seen that brand on cutting/design instruments! In any case, Swiss made is an indication of a quality movement inside. If it wasn't for the lugs it would be nice to wear it!

My guess is an AS1700.

It's definitely an AS movement based on the shape of the rotor, the retaining plate in the middle of the rotor, and the general look of the thing.

The 1700 was supplied in various different jewel counts from 17 at least up to 41, including a 30 jewel variant. Don't be taken in by the jewel count though, pretty much everything over 23 in the 1700 is functionless, and not all of the 23 serve any benefit to actual time keeping.

• Like 1

My guess is an AS1700.

It's definitely an AS movement based on the shape of the rotor, the retaining plate in the middle of the rotor, and the general look of the thing.

The 1700 was supplied in various different jewel counts from 17 at least up to 41, including a 30 jewel variant. Don't be taken in by the jewel count though, pretty much everything over 23 in the 1700 is functionless, and not all of the 23 serve any benefit to actual time keeping.

anyway, this watch keeps time marvelously !...

• 1 month later...

You can find as1700 powered watches quite easily on eBay but its unlikely that you'll find and exacto one. Rados use them quite often but they're usually in stainless steel, you have to live with a rado case back tho.

If you are going down this road, try to get a donor case with crown stem as it is unlikely yours will fit and it'll save you a lot of hassle.

Anil

• 2 weeks later...