Looking for datasheet on DG2813

Does anyone have a source for data sheets or detailed technical descriptions for a DG2813 movement?

I've had no luck finding one.  I know these are supposed to be disposable, but surely a full technical breakdown of the movement must exist somewhere.

Here's the story.....

I recently purchased an actual Dixmont Guangzhou dg2813 movement to replace one in my Rotary watch that is about 10 years old.

I tried to move the date wheel from the old movement to the new one. Failed spectacularly.  A couple of essential small little parts are now hidden somewhere in my carpet, never to be seen again.

But more importantly, I'm not sure how the movement is supposed to go together.  I can't take a picture under the date wheel faceplate after all.  

I have two new movements on order, and I"m going to try again.

According to Dr ranfft DG2813 is complatibale with Miyota 8215.  Miyota is a tech giant compared to Chinese DG, so the question is why don't you go with the better at possibly same price.

DG movement might come of use to practice on and break.

5 hours ago, LeeReynolds said:

Does anyone have a source for data sheets or detailed technical descriptions for a DG2813 movement?

Chinese maker do not make technical documents available. That is not much of a problem, because replacement parts (except for the stem) are not available anyway, and with enough experience one can figure out and do some work on them anyway.

I tried to move the date wheel from the old movement to the new one. Failed spectacularly.  A couple of essential small little parts are now hidden somewhere in my carpet, never to be seen again.

That is just normal for a beginner, you need to work in the proper position with the correct lighting, use he proper tools, and away from carpeting. And one needs to practice first on some junk and scrap movements to develop dexterity so to lessen stress and risk when it comes to something you do care about.

.I can't take a picture under the date wheel faceplate after all. 

But you can take one as soon the plate is lifted, and study and  reason to learn what is the name, function, and positioning of each part. Which is the same in pretty much any watch.

4 hours ago, Tudor said:

Weren’t both of these supposed to be inexpensive replacements for the ETA 2824? Or am I confusing this with another movement?

Replacement generally means having same or very near dimensions and hands size. ETA 2824 and Miyota 8215 are like that, as well very many Chinese movements of various denominations.

• Like 1

The real issue I'm having is that there is a little flat spring piece that is part of the keyless works that I can't quite determine the correct orientation for.  I know WHERE it is supposed to go, but I'm not sure of the rotation, if that makes sense.  It has a hole in the middle that a screw goes through.  I'm going to carefully examine one of the replacement movements when they arrive and see if I can determine this.  If I can, I'll be sure to post what I find, probably with pictures.

I've been told that the Miyota 8215 is a drop in replacement for this movement, but I've also read reports that the location of its face feet holes are different.  Being extremely green, I erred on the side of caution and went with the exact replacement movement.  The movement I'd love to use in this watch is the Miyota 9015, as it is a 28,800 movement and higher grade.  I own a couple of "Nakzen" watches from Aliexpress that I bought specifically because they have this movement.  But it appears to be even more different from the 8215.

(If the date wheel in the replacement dg8213 I bought was identical to that on the worn-out movement, I'd have this thing put back together already.)

I've ordered a bunch of junk movements from the former soviet union that I can use to cut my teeth on:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/487748285/68-set-of-70-similar-vintage-soviet?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-3&pro=1

I might even be able to create one or more working movements from these.  If so, and if I can figure out what kind of case, dial, hands, and stems are appropriate, I might actually be able to build some watches.  

If nothing else, these will be good practice for the Pojot 2209 movement I need to ultimately learn enough to successfully service.

33 minutes ago, LeeReynolds said:

The real issue I'm having is that there is a little flat spring piece that is part of the keyless works that I can't quite determine the correct orientation for.

That is what I was trying to convey above. Even without a drawing one can figure out this kind of details with a little experience (which can also be made looking videos, as the excellent ones by our Host Mark Lovick below), plus some reasoning. The setting lever spring has its long side on the main plate, these two do not move so the full spring lenght can be used. The short leg goes to the setting lever, is the one that flexes, and is shaped to minimize friction.

Otherwise if one prefers still pictures and text explanation we have a section here where step by step guides are provided by members for very many movemements. Below one with PDFs

The movement I'd love to use in this watch is the Miyota 9015, as it is a 28,800 movement and higher grade

That is a thin caliber, nothing matches with your, and doing a proper and clean installation to a case made for a different one is not easy, since it requires as a minimum fabrication of the holder ring and probably a dial riser ring.

Thanks for the links and the info.

I fear I wasn't very clear in what I'm dealing with.  The piece is a flat spring that is part of the date ring mechanism.  Not the spring that locks the mechanism and keeps it from spinning freely, but rather a part that helps implement the date ring quick change function.  

For the time being I've given up on the date ring altogether since the print was so small anyway that it was not of much use to me.  This watch is a classic dress design, no rolex-like oculus to make dates bigger:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mens-rotary-kensington-automatique-275422145

I've got the watch back together now, sans the date ring, and I must have done alright since it is running, and so far at least, keeping good time as per my timegrapher.

I've got a whole slew of beginner watch repair tools, and it feels like I ended up using most of them by the time I was done.  

The tool to close snap style cases was invaluable.  First time I had a chance to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW85HS

The watch is a front loader, and getting it open in the first place required these tools:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FMQ5WQ

And of course the ordinary tweezers and rodico and watchmakers screwdrivers were essential.

First (somewhat) successful project!  Yay!

Update : Doh!  I just discovered that the rotor is stuck :( Not going to mess with it more tonight though.

I'm looking at the PDFs on how to take down 2824 movements and put them back together.

I've got some watches that use these movements, mostly Bulovas I got on deep discount when the company was switching to Citizen movements.  A couple are in need of servicing.

If I ever get the point where I can competently do that, I think these guides will be very valuable.

2 hours ago, LeeReynolds said:

I fear I wasn't very clear in what I'm dealing with.  The piece is a flat spring that is part of the date ring mechanism.

Well, before you mentioned it was a spring in the keyless, but now perhaps you're talking about the date jumper spring. The same reasoning applies, once one observe it and the surrounding parts then can desume the only way it can go in for its function. All parts are being in the two links above as well in the attached.

2824-2.pdf

Date jumper spring sounds like a reasonable description.  

The thing I'm running into is that it MIGHT go into one of two different positions, based on its rotation around the center hole that a screw goes through.  Both positions seem reasonable...but I don't yet know what I'm doing, so I'm sure one would be the obvious correct location to someone experienced.

For the moment I'm putting this watch aside since I don't yet have the skills to work on it competently.  I'll probably come back to it at some point in the future and see if I can get the date wheel working.

Thanks for your help and advice :)

Unfortunately, Chinese movement factory doesn't provide any tech sheet. They dont even have a website so you have to figure out yourself. Fortunately 2813 is a replica of Miyota 8200. They were largely deployed by cheap watches and fake watches. You could find services video on Youtube. You could check them out. BTW 2813 is the worse movement I ever seen in my life.