Can anyone help me with re assembly

Hello and welcome to the forum.  To be able to help you we require make and caliber number of the watch and further pictures of the balance side of the watch and some form of explanation regarding the state of the watch before being dismantled and the position that it is now in. Then members will I am sure be able to assist you on getting it back together and working                thank you         cheers

5 hours ago, Orologi67 said:

Frankly the need for a calibre # outside of replacement parts is useless

I find that it interesting statement?

If we have a makers name and a caliber or model number and were lucky we might find a service bulletin. That would help us to figure out how to put the watch back together. Or even the parts list is helpful in that if we can identify the parts it would give us a clue where they go in the watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A very interesting statement indeed. If the need was useless why would manufacturers bother to put the numbers and makes stamp on them at all. After all one watch looks very much like another. But not being a genius and not having second sight we need to start somewhere and the best place is the begining as we do not know of the history of the watch to date. In this case there is no data to act upon so therefore we need a starting point and possibly a service sheet to determine if anything is missing.       cheers

• Like 1

I think that Orologi67 has a point. How one can call himself experienced and smart if unable to have at least an educated guess about what lose watch parts do and go togheter.

Beside,if that is a Chinese contraption as it seems, it will have no marking or documents.

Is not like tech sheets, cameras and the internet have been around forever, but ingenuity and will, have. 

Edited by jdm

3 hours ago, jdm said:

I think that Orologi67 has a point. How one can call himself experienced and smart if unable to have at least an educated guess about what lose watch parts do and go togheter.

Another interesting comments in this discussion? Will note that the original poster didn't say he was experienced or even smart or actually I don't see any text at all other than title? I'm guessing the original poster thought we were all horological gods and we can look at the picture and tell him where the parts go which so far I've noticed nobody's Done yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Will note that the original poster didn't say he was experienced or even smart or actually I don't see any text at all other than title?

Yes, a rushed and assuming posting, as we see ssometime. Let's be comforted by our community having so many friendly and detailed members, new and old.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

Hi Well said JohnR725  there has not been a rush of information as yet.  Judging from the OP,  and the lack of information , the OP was in need of help. So in order to gain information I asked the question as a starting point. Once we know what we are looking at then we may be able to proceed.  Unless any one has a crystal ball ?.

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Unless any one has a crystal ball ?.

Actually I think a crystal ball would be helpful  from time to time in watch repair so if you happen to know a good source I would be interested in buying. Although I probably can't afford it and the learning curve to actually interpret the results correctly is probably quite steep so it probably would be worthless just a big chunk of round the glass but I could be wrong.

One of the things a discussion like this demonstrates is we each approach the problem solving differently. Then the lack of information as we all have slightly different questions with no answers apparently coming as of yet makes it very difficult to proceed with where those mystery parts go because the picture really isn't the best when I zoom in as to what exactly they are?

• Like 1

Hi JohnR725   Like you I give the crystal ball a miss. Unless you need a paper weight.      as you remark the picture quality is not the best which adds to the problem.  One can hope that if the OP still. requires help he will furnish us with the information and better pictures.   We can only do our best           cheers

• Like 1

Sorry for being OT.

Just curious. Looking at the picture, specifically the anti-shock spring, the keyless works, and the plastic ring around movement, I thought it must be Japanese, perhaps even a Seiko or Orient, but @jdm mentioned "Chinese contraption" (:lol:). I don't know anything about Chinese horology but would assume that they haven't invented much for themselves (I could be wrong) but instead would make copies (as they almost always do). So, are Chinese watches mostly copies of Japanese watches, or Japanese watch designs in general?

7 hours ago, VWatchie said:

)So, are Chinese watches mostly copies of Japanese watches, or Japanese watch designs in general?

Beside copies they developed a lot of own calibers with some complications, like skeletonized, open hart, lunar phases and full (not perpetual) calendar. These appeal to their domestic market and in some measure to international fashion watches brands. You can see pretty much the full range on Cousins. 

• Like 1