Searching for a Seiko Crystal

As often asked and answered. There is no secret place for parts. The searches you can do are the same that all others here do - Internet, Ebay, well-know online material houses.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave84 said:

I ended up finding one on ebay for £38 including postage

Congrats! Objectively it's still a lot of money for a crystal (you can get a great mechanical Russian watch for that money), but for a watch that means a lot to you, £38 can still feel like a bargain.

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1

you dont always need an original,  measure the old one, I can see from the part number its 30mm and probably is a tension ring too so you can get a generic one for less than £10.00 that will do the same job. 

I have done this one many plain Seiko crystals even glass ones. 

1 hour ago, MyRetroWatches said:

you dont always need an original,  measure the old one, I can see from the part number its 30mm and probably is a tension ring too so you can get a generic one for less than £10.00 that will do the same job. 

Are you sure? Picture from the Ebay listing of someone asking $78 (!!) for it.

s-l500.jpg

With it's large bezel and domed shape is not a good candidate for generic replacement. And it happens, beginners and amateurs aren't able to swap a bezel or tension ring from a crystal to another.

And here's how anyone can decode (up to an extent) Seiko crystal codes Crystal Codes.pdf

Edited by jdm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just a quick update, again thanks for the responses. 

Just wanted to add a quick pic of the new crystal which came fixed within a retaining ring which sat beneath the bezel ring.

Cheers

Dave 

IMG_20200806_140836_BURST001_COVER.jpg

• Like 1