Introduction

nmarkl

Sorry for posting without introducing myself but it was a little confusing where I should start till I figured it out that you use the same page as when you post a chat. So here goes. 
Im originally from Austria, spent a couple of decades in South Africa, Canada and now in California. I’m retired and  have three daughters, so I’m the family handy man. I’m a mechanical engineer by profession and still from the old school did all my studies with a slide rule. I’m interested in wanting to know and understand how things work, so a pretty big field. I now have more patience now that I’m retired to work on clocks and watches. I recently resurrected a anniversary clock that my wife inherited from her grand mother, that apparently never worked. My skills at the moment are limited to taking a watch or clock apart cleaning and oiling it and assembling it again. I hope this is enough of an intro to give you an idea who I am. Oh by the way I’m still a Canadian citizen.