Showpiece?

The subdials on this Mckenzie don't seem to move, and the buttons are locked solid, so could this be a time-only fashion watch, similar to one I've seen before. It is strange that the sub-dials all point in the same direction. What do you think?  Thanks.

5.JPG

Edited by fjseal
Insert question mark.

What do I think.

The three sub dials make no sense.
The top left suggests state of wind or state of charge, but its a quartz, so this makes no sense.

The top right has no designations on it? What on earth is it meant to be measuring.

The lower one tells you it is Sunday, every day, so at least that one is correct once per week.
The chapter ring suggests a 24 hr hand should be present, but it isn't, and finally, why does it say 8,6,4 between the 3 and 5 markers?

Save your money and buy yourself a coffee, assuming they are  charging more than the cost of a coffee for it.

• Confused 1

Hi as stated its a dollar watch.  It is what is known as a fashion watch, purely for show probably a miyota 2030/35movement.   Take Andys advice and have a coffee.  20 yrs ago you could get one of these free with 4gallons of petrol (gas) in the UK,  

• Thanks 1

Hi  Its not an insult to horology as the module driving it is usualy quite good (miyota) which is a cheap reliable watch movement, the problem is with the designers creating round the module some gross fashion statement  which the public will buy because of the the name it sports, Ie  Gucchi, Kelvin Klien etc.  As Andy said  WHY ?.

• Like 1