Seiko 7S26

Good afternoon and good health!

I need to lubricate the oscillating weight/rotor in my 20 year old Seiko automatic and given that we are in ‘lockdown’ in SouthAfrica my choice of lubricant oil is very limited, as a temporary measure which one would you suggest (see photo) and how much should I use?

Thank you

Vincent01743ABA-E344-4962-94FF-4F693D04CA2F.thumb.jpeg.0fb7bf0817413681769866a6e78acd4d.jpeg9892F5EB-AB87-469D-8C33-D0933E357B88.thumb.jpeg.c14b5047619b15e414398ba334c4788d.jpeg

Either one will work temporarily, but DO NOT use but a single dot of this oil on the rotor. In watches too much oil is very bad. As soon as practical have the watch cleaned and the oil removed. This oil will jell over time and gum the works.

• Like 1

I’d go for the singer, but as it’s just been said either will suffice but Juana drop on the end of an oiler and that’s all.
Then when you can get it cleaned and lubed with correct lube mate.
Just to cause conflict, it would be possible to run the rotor with no oil for a period of time as long as it’s clean before hand. Not recommended but it will work.

Good morning

Thank you all for your quick and interesting responses, much appreciated!

I applied a miniscule amount of the Singer oil and the rotor is now spinning freely.

While searching for oils I discovered a small bottle of silicone oil in my collection, would this have been a better alternative?

Wishing you all good health and stay safe.

Vincent