Omega 1337 Movement

rogart63

Has an Omega Jaques Mayol 120 m watch incoming . Its a repair or parts watch with an Omega 1337 engine . Don't now if i could service it . Would be nice to see if i could get it going again . Any tips until then . Is their any one out there servicing quartz movement . Preferably Europe 

post-644-0-59627500-1422222609_thumb.jpg

Nice Omega, check this out:

omegahorlogerdelamarine1.jpg

I hope you find what you are looking for for servicing the Omega. Did you check out Mark's video on quartz servicing? Maybe it will help.

Cheers,

Bob

Nope .Is that thread in here somewhere ? Or is it youtube ? 

Thats a bad one.   I have used before supplied by meadows & passmores "tarnish remover" followed by "rust remover"

Mark uses bicarbonate of soda. These products might help I but must say that is a real challenge.

Edited by clockboy

In a pinch a few drops of CocaCola would work too...but then it needs to be cleaned well!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Not that the watch looks thirsty thought... :) I couldn't resist!

PS It does work on battery rust...

Edited by bobm12

We used to put copper coins into Coca Cola years ago - shone them up beautifully - lord knows what it does to one's stomach (I never drink it).

That's a challenging movement you have there, but it's looking better already. Good luck with it!

That cover plate cleaned up remarkably well ... very impressive.

The coil looks in good shape too.  Have you ohmed it out to see if it's a goer?

Is the IC Board is still viable? And is a replacement still available?

Yepp .Going to do the whole movement when i have time to dismount it  . Will post then  . Have a nicer movement on an auction site going . Hope it doesn't get to expensive . But sure will test to clean this up anyway . My electric nohow isn't that good but how do i Ohm it ? Have an ohm meter . The IC board is really a mess . Don't now if it works .

rogart63, on 30 Jan 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

My electric nohow isn't that good but how do i Ohm it ? Have an ohm meter . The IC board is really a mess . Don't now if it works .

Ohms is an electrical unit of resistance. George Ohm named it after himself ... the sanctimonious scallywag! :P

Anyhoo, what you are trying to find here, is how much resistance has been created by the windings in that coil of wire.  Normally it will either be on spec, give no reading at all (an open circuit), or to low (a short in the wiring).

Each an every coil of wire, whether it be in a quartz watch, or the electric motor in a vibrator, will have a specific Ohm reading: depending on how the factory wound the coil.  Every coil is different, so you have to have the factory spec sheet to know what resistance it should have.

As an example: here is the spec sheet for the coil on an ETA 955.412 Movement.

post-246-0-01780900-1422625928_thumb.jpg

You will have something similar for your caliber.

To test the coil, place the probes of the meter on the two copper pads connecting to the wire making up the coil (as shown below), and note the reading.

BE CAREFUL!  That wire is VERY fine and delicate.

post-246-0-76799600-1422626124_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps mate ... and I wish you well on restoring this little gem :)

• Like 1

More pictures tomorrow . Have put in the keyless work and some other parts . Some of the wheel is in nafta over night . Will go in the UL tomorrow . Atl east i will try to get it to work again . If the electric doesn't work i will see if i could find it sometime in the future . 

Don't do this :) . A really hard job getting all the gears in place . But now it's there ! First side finished .Geartrain running smooth . Haven't  measured the coil yet 

post-644-0-08374700-1422737496_thumb.jpg

post-644-0-65092000-1422737521_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 3