Omega 1337 Movement

rogart63

Welcome through to the other side :) . Unfortuanly something snapped in the movement .Think it's the sliding pinion . Have to put it aside for some time . I now that Cousinsuk have the sliding pinion . Not sure it's worth to spend the money if the other parts don't work . This is the last pictures just before i tried to turn the crown to much . All the gears work up until when it should turn the date ring . Thats  when it snapped or crashed .

post-644-0-27586900-1422807299_thumb.jpg

post-644-0-99187300-1422807322_thumb.jpg 

Edited by rogart63

At least i am learning something . I am not giving up . It just takes a little longer . BTW i found the problem that  made the sliding pinion brake . I had turned the crown wheel upside down  . When i tighten the screw it was impossible to move . But i think the pinion was worn already . Will put the rest of the movement  together to see if it is working . Maybe then i can buy a new pinion for £20 . Maybe even find a working movement and put the electronics in my serviced movement instead . 

post-644-0-25370100-1422825344_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63

WOW!

I never thought it would clean up so good mate.  Especially the battery area :o

And it's an excellent movement to practice on too.  Not to easy, and not too hard ... juuust right!

Really looking forward to seeing the end result of your hard work.  Keep it up!