Are seiko 7009 dials interchangeable with 7s26 dials?

I've received a vintage scrap seiko 7009 watch. While the dial is in good condition, the movement is corroded. Based on how worn it is. I would like to change a movement for the watch. So I want to know if the 7009 dial can be fitted into 7s26 movement since most available 7s26 movements are in better condition.

3 hours ago, EatPeach said:

So I want to know if the 7009 dial can be fitted into 7s26 movement since most available 7s26 movements are in better condition.

Yes. 7009 is the predecessor to 7S / 4R / 6R and it exchanges mechanically.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, EatPeach said:

I've received a vintage scrap seiko 7009 watch. While the dial is in good condition, the movement is corroded. Based on how worn it is. I would like to change a movement for the watch. So I want to know if the 7009 dial can be fitted into 7s26 movement since most available 7s26 movements are in better condition.

did it fit? are the day/date discs from a 7009 fit on a 7s26?

I've got a 7s26 dial on a 7009a on my wrist right now. They are perfectly interchangeable. 

In regards to day / date discs I'd doubt it. Looking at the service manuals they are different part numbers and the date/day combination for 7s26 will change based on the case used, so likely not compatible with the 7009a

Edited by lexacat