Audemars piguet 3120

20 hours ago, MrRoundel said:

There's a relative of Audemars (Posts under that name.) who contributes regularly on the NAWCC message board. He seems like a nice guy. He might be able to help. Good luck.,

I am not a member of NAWCC, their's is paid membership, no instrument of payment is available to me.

How do I search to find him? Any idea? 

Thanks for your advice and help. Joe

You don't need to be a member to join the message board. If you go to NAWCC.org and go to the watch forums, you'll probably see him posting in the European pocket-watch forum. You might then be able to send him a personal message. Good luck.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MrRoundel said:

You don't need to be a member to join the message board. If you go to NAWCC.org and go to the watch forums, you'll probably see him posting in the European pocket-watch forum. You might then be able to send him a personal message. Good luck.

May thanks. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Somewhere in the back of my mind i thought you had the jewelled seitz pivot gauge, i was just asking if you had this scaled pin gauge as well. I might have just made up that thought  H. 😅
    • Yes, but the idea was that the OP wanted to be able to measure the diameter of the jewel holes in his collection of unordered jewels. Also, depending on the type of micrometre used one has to be careful not to dent the very small pivots (< 0.12mm) when pinching them in the micrometre. In my experience, the JKA Feintaster is safe to use also when measuring very small pivots. I don't understand your question, which I think was for me, no?
    • I didn't think there were any gauges under 0.1  .  I do like the old art deco tanks which are small sizes. My staff stash amounts to around half a mil. So i think I probably have that base covered. This 0.1mm set seems to be the most expensive, larger 100 piece set are about half the price. For around a 100 quid you can have sizes from 0.1 up to 4mm. Bugs me that they charge shipping for each seperate item so no combined shipping fee available.  Do you have the variable pin gauge as well ?
    • Yes, I understand that indeed.   Which is exactly what I am lacking, as I said. That's why the ring diameter matters to me.   That matches my anecdotal observation indeed. It could be the material or the modern backward curve that provides more power.   This is an interesting topic!  While these old oils were maybe thinner, their friction-reducing effect may still actually be lower than modern (even thicker oils), no? I man, some old, thin, organic oil may be less effective in reducing friction than a modern, thick HP1300 or so. What do you think?
    • Here are a couple of pictures of the tool that I mentioned in my first reply: Got the picture from here: https://klocksnack.se/threads/hobby-hörna-hemma-verktyg-tips-och-trix.163821/#post-4291582