Great Weekend

Amazing drink Mark, pity you can't send one over! They look sooooo good! We'll start celebrating later on but in the meantime we get ready with the occasional fruit cocktail, "sangrias" and "mojitos": favorites here in Miami!

Geo, what is in that cocktail you mention, I'll make one if you list the ingredients...hope it doesn't take much money to make! :)

Noel Coward said that, to make the perfect Dry Martini, you pour a large measure of gin into a martini glass and wave it vaguely in the direction of Italy. My favourite mix is given below:

Will's Dry Martini

1. Put plenty of ice into a cocktail shaker

2. For each person, pour two measures of Hendricks gin into the shaker

3. For each person, add one measure of Noilly Prat

4. Add a shake of Orange Bitters to the mix

5. Stir the mixture 20 times - no shaking, as it dilutes the strength of the martini

6. Pour into a martini glass and add a green olive - stuffed to taste

7. Drink

8. Have another!

Cheers!

Will

One martini, two martinis, three martinis...floor! :)

Mojito recipe:

• 2 teaspoons sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 2 sprigs fresh mint
  • 3 oz. (90 ml) club soda
  • 2.5 oz. (45 ml) white rum
  • 6 cubes of ice

Add the sugar, lime juice and fresh mint to a tall glass

Add the sparkling water

Muddle the mint leaves inside of the glass. You can use a muddler or the back of a spoon.

Add the rum

Add the ice cubes.

Enjoy!

post-253-0-81395400-1418066606.jpg

Edited by bobm12

Trip to Lile France today & tried hot beer & hot apple juice in their Christmas market and it was good as it was B. cold today . But in the restaurant my daughter-in law fancied Cherry Beer & actually it did not taste as bad as I thought it would. 

post-234-0-56303100-1418160343_thumb.jpg

We go over to Calais and Bruges - and Le Touquet - regularly, just for the crack. We never buy wine because my son's in the wine trade and gets 20% staff discount.

But we do come back with lots and lots of lovely Belgian beer... Leffe, Kwak, Chimay, etc.

Yes we are lucky because my daughter-in-law works for Eurostar and free tickets now & then. The wine is just not worth the bother but the food is wonderful. Always return with wonderful pate,s,cheeses & pots of crem brûlée is a must. Not keen on the Leffe beer find it a bit to hoppy.

Cherry beer - interesting!

I picked up some beer in Morrisons the other day which happened to have some chocolate in it. Didn't taste the chocolate though.

Might try some Disaronno mixed into my beer this weekend to get that Cherry taste, see what happens :D

Cherry beer - interesting!

I picked up some beer in Morrisons the other day which happened to have some chocolate in it. Didn't taste the chocolate though.

Might try some Disaronno mixed into my beer this weekend to get that Cherry taste, see what happens :D

DiSaronno is made from almonds [emoji6]

Ooh, Cherry S.C!

Not had that yet.

I like it. It may be me but it seems to have a heftier kick.

Neat with no ice.

Ok, guys, that's it, I'm getting a drink! :)

If you were closer I would join you :)