east3rn

Help on identifying a movement

Question

Hello. I am working on a vintage piece but I could not find the name(ref no.) of the movement.

Could anyone tell me the name of this movement?? All I know is that it has "AS" written on the mainplate.

Thanks!

20190327_121216.jpg

20190327_121733.jpg

20190327_123704.jpg

7 answers to this question

wow this has me stumped. i work on swiss trench watches too and AS is very common. I always see Calibers 168 and 137 occasionally a 158 but i have never seen this one. its reminds me of a cyma or tavannes cyma (TACY) movement, but it is clearly AS due to obvious logo and keyless works

A.schild 625 I think also used by gruen as the 771 listed in best fit page 145 as a 13 ligne 771 is this quite a large size watch because the movement would be 29mm across if it is a 625

On 3/28/2019 at 7:45 PM, wls1971 said:

A.schild 625 I think also used by gruen as the 771 listed in best fit page 145 as a 13 ligne 771 is this quite a large size watch because the movement would be 29mm across if it is a 625

625 seems a little different from the movement I have.. but I should definitely search near 625 movement. Thank you for your advice! 

On 3/29/2019 at 4:55 AM, saswatch88 said:

does anyone have the bestfit encyclopedia 111?

3.jpg

They do look similar but there isn't one that exactly matches with the movement. Thank you anyway!

On 3/28/2019 at 5:32 PM, saswatch88 said:

wow this has me stumped. i work on swiss trench watches too and AS is very common. I always see Calibers 168 and 137 occasionally a 158 but i have never seen this one. its reminds me of a cyma or tavannes cyma (TACY) movement, but it is clearly AS due to obvious logo and keyless works

Oh may be this is a rare one...which also means it would be difficult to find spare parts :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By east3rn
      Hello I had a chance to acquire to two watch movement+dial sets which are from JLC and AP
      However, I am having trouble finding cases to fit these.
      Could anyone help me find cases that would fit these movements?
      Non genuine cases are OK. 

• By east3rn
      Hello dear watchmakers!
      I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication
      I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.
      The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.
      However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.
      What could I have done wrong?? 
      Thank you!

• By east3rn
      Hello watchmakers!
      Now I am working on a vintage bifora movement, Bifora Cal.812.
      I have ruined the hairspring while trying to fix the position of it on the balance wheel to 
      adjust the bit error. I am searching for the balance complete or just the hairspring on ebay and other 
      suppliers but I haven't been lucky. May be I need other keywords for my search.
      Could anyone help me find the part I need??
      Thanks!

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am working on this  vintage A.Schild movement and a jewel on the wheel bridge.
      It is a jewel for the 3rd wheel but is cracked so needs replacement.
      I measured the outer and inner diameter and they are 1.2mm and 0.17mm respectively.
      Could any one help me find the replacement for this jewel??
      I am always grateful for your help.