alternatives to Incabloc?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Just missed it! I have a donor movement on its way. But thank you for the offer--I'll let you know if I need anything else.
    • My latest. Timex 2465. Replaced the crystal, caseback gasket and spring bars. All in less than $5US. Added a gray NATO strap I already had in stock.
    • I have some Gruen 510's in my donor pile if you need parts.
    • I've been intrigued by everyone's input here...so I decided to give this a shot. I bought the"typical" Pearl watch-machine basket and trays, for about $65. The trays are good,..the housing is a nightmare ! Thought it would take the mixer off my bench at anything above about 200rpm. The housing is cast of course,..and it's not "true" at all...so the harmonic vibration was insane. So,..I bit the bullet and bought the Elma housing and top. Not the baskets though, as the Pearl one's fit the Elma. Saved a bunch there. The basket and lid came to about $80 with shipping. The opening in the Elma top is 8mm, and the shaft that came with my stirrer is 6mm. I bought a piece of steel tube, 8mm O.D., and 6mm I.D. Cut off about an inch of the tube, and drove the rod into it. Gives a really snug fit.... Lightly champfered the leading edge of the 8mm section, then lightly tapped it into the top of the Elma lid. Spins like a dream now So... I have about $240 total into this including jars and steel mesh for the wave breakers   I'm pretty happy Best to you all   Randy
    • Still haven't gotten around to getting stems or screws, but I did make my first attempt at polishing a case. I just used a soft mop and rouge to reduce my odds of ruining them, and I think they came up pretty nice. Also gave the crystals a polish on the same wheel while I was at it. They were both very badly scratched up. The one on the left is fairly beat up, but it'll still make for a decent presentation.