my friend gave me a rotary to look at.he has had the battery changed by a jeweler? and it stopped after a day.the problem i have is getting the caseback off! there is a arrow > opposite the crown and a little indentation but i cannot get anything to purchase a grip.i have tried all sorts of tools to no avail and i am frightened of scratching the case. any suggestions? kind ones preferably! thanks B.

2018-11-13 17.28.37.jpg

2018-11-13 17.29.37.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berniethebolt said:

where did you obtain that beast?

I purchased this tool a few years ago. i think at the time Cousins was selling them. I have seen them on ebay. If you want a more slick tool and have a bigger budget horotec do this.

1707309145_Screenshot2018-11-1420_43_37.png.cb45204f94f1716058a65de2fa18cb11.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, clockboy said:

I purchased this tool a few years ago. i think at the time Cousins was selling them. I have seen them on ebay. If you want a more slick tool and have a bigger budget horotec do this.

1707309145_Screenshot2018-11-1420_43_37.png.cb45204f94f1716058a65de2fa18cb11.png

found the black one at red rooster £20,so will go for that and hope i need it again! thanks clockboy.B.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, clockboy said:

I may be wrong but I did one of those last year. The case back was incredibly tight and I had to use one of these. 

1202926802_Screenshot2018-11-1318_54_11.png.4cf3be3b1e7afd0a1fa669469b8d8384.png

bought one of these(above) and struggled a bit until i took the blade off and used that on its own and hey presto it opened.next shock; there was no battery in the movement(?) my mate said he paid a jeweler friend £9 to fix it! i think he needs a visit!! could be he got confused.i will find out.any way the problem is now sorted for a couple of  quid:mad::woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by berniethebolt
missed word

On 11/23/2018 at 1:10 PM, berniethebolt said:

i see you edited your post,but i saw it first in my e-mail box! it is a ronda movement.thanks.B.

Ah yes, edited because I re-read your post and realised it was now working.

Didn't know Rotary used Ronda. Is it a recent model? The ones we have in the family are all Miyota but about 7 to 10 years old.

18 hours ago, eezyrider said:

Ah yes, edited because I re-read your post and realised it was now working.

Didn't know Rotary used Ronda. Is it a recent model? The ones we have in the family are all Miyota but about 7 to 10 years old.

it looks pretty recent but i cant find it on the rotary website !