New into WRT

TonyEngland

Hi Brothers and Sisters in Horology :).

As requested, "introduce yourself".

Recently retired from Local Government (62 years of age) and now involved UK Athletics Coaching, competitive cycling and love mechanical watches.

Now completed Mark L stage 1 and 2 courses and really enjoyed them both. I would like to have a go at purchasing broken mechanical movements and get them back operating.

I look forward to being in touch with Forum members and thanks for having me ;)

Hello Tony; Not hampered by any knowledge what Stage 1 & 2 means, can I ask you whether you stripped & serviced (enough) working watches? Buying & repairing broken watches is a whole new can of worms.

The definition of broken, or rather the spectrum of what can be called "broken" is extremely wide. Perhaps "easing" yourself in watch repair and gain more experience prevents frustration, or even worse, giving up :( By gaining experience, you start to know your limitations, what you can or can't do with your currents tool-assortment. There is nothing wrong with a challenge; step-by-step ;)

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 1