Hello from Chapel St Leonards

Dee

OK, not very exciting though, I am semi retired and work 2 days a week in London.  I am apt to go round auctions purchasing really dilapidated slate clocks because I feel sorry for them!  I spend most of my time in the garage with polishes etc., making the poor neglected slate clocks gleam again and get them ticking.

I take my Newfoundland dog swimming in the sea regularly and my two Tibetan terriers go paddling.:D

Hi oldhippy. 

You've just brought back very many happy childhood memories for me. My parents always used to take us to Chapel when we were kids, some 40yrs ago now, either camping or in a caravan at the famous "Robinhood camp, Robbinhood camp, maid Martian club" I remember that over the tanoy like it was yesterday!!! I must come back to see what's changed over the years!! Is the boating lake still there?

Regards

Paul (Ashbourne Derbyshire)

Hi there restorationtime

Dee here.  Oldhippy lives down in Devon.

I believe the Robin Hood camp still exists and I think there is a boating lake.  Have only been here a couple of years.  Lovely place, quiet village as everyone goes down to Skegness orButlins :D