2824-2 case Crown @4

Kodii

hello guys, im a newbye, can somebody tell me if there is any special configuration to use a 2824 movement with crown case @4 and maintaing the date @3?

Regards

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

Probably the case is designed so that date will align. That happens  when the crown is placed at angles distanced every 11.6 degrees, e.g. 4h 15min.

BTW, there is a section in this forum where people likes to introduce themselves before asking questions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kodii said:

hello guys, im a newbye, can somebody tell me if there is any special configuration to use a 2824 movement with crown case @4 and maintaing the date @3?

Regards

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

If i'm understanding your question correctly , you want to put a 2824 movement with the date and crown at 3 in a case with the crown at 4 ?

If this is so then with the crown at 4 unless you remove the dial feet the dial will be at 5 past instead of 12 and the date window would be at 4 instead of 3 .

As i say if i have understood you correctly the dial feet will need removing and dial sticky spots using to hold dial in new position , with date window at 3 and 12 o clock at 12

Edited by Andyclient
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vinn3 said:

good info !  so if it is a "no date window",  you just rotate the dial to 3:00 position?  vin

I believe you can do it with a date window at 3 dial to , I've been told the calendar dial is the same if the window is at 4 or 3 but as i say you would need to remove the dial feet and use sticky pads 

1 hour ago, Tim said:

The numbers are on a ring. You can put the window showing the number anywhere along the resting position of the ring numbers. The number will only be horizontal at 3 and 9 however.

Well yes but the numbers would be upside down at 9 o'clock , not to mention vertical at 6:wacko:

The point I was making is that they would be the same with the window  at 4 as at 3 , even though suppliers charge more for movements with the date at 4 than the movements with the date at 3 the calendar wheel is the same but the price is different .

Get an old dial and movement and try it