Bezel Remover

chadders1966

Hi

There are probably others out there like me who have bought the largely unimpressive A*F Bezel remover - https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/watch-bezel-remover-af-swiss?code=R31399

I decided to try and improve mine a bit by making it more stable, therefore able to exert a more steady pull under pressure. I used an old timex crystal tool I had spare and trimmed the edges of the rubber, and ended up with this:

20171016_095516.thumb.jpg.23a9e5c65ef1327f0a1681e8fb48ea11.jpg

20171016_095526.thumb.jpg.fd21258b2fb97b23b8d26896f564b596.jpg

It now works reasonably well (better than before anyway) at removing rotating bezels from clamped watches, and can be used one or two handed - it's certainly a lot easier to exert even pressure and lift. It's still not that brilliant really as it could do with a bigger and stronger lip to go under the bezel instead of mainly using side grip.

As per usual I rather rushed the job as I wanted to see if it could work. The ring really needs securing at the top as well at the ends, but it was too late to change when I realised this. Also I should have trimmed the rubber more neatly, but it is fine where it touches the watch.

Stephen

• Like 3

Same discussion here:

I remain of the opinion that the best way to remove a rotating bezel is to lifted at an angle, because that concentrate the friction to two short sections of the edges, and will make it easier to win over it.