Movement id & winding stem/case design ?

It took me a while to realize that this watch is opened from the dial side. After removing a ring around the glass and lifting the flanged glass I was able to slide out the movement when the crown was in a "good" position.

The case also looks a bit weird with the four corner holes that at first I thought would be for some kind of cover but find are unthreaded when looking closer.

As can be seen in the photos, the stem is really short with a "hook" that fits inside the hollow crown.

Curious to hear if anyone has seen this design before and can enlighten me a bit ?

The movement doesn't have anything to id it by and I appreciate any hints as the balance pivot(s) are gone and I need to find a replacement.

IMG_3322.JPGIMG_3323.JPGIMG_3326.JPGIMG_3324.JPGIMG_3325.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a few of this looking like that movement. Common that there is no name on them. You will have to do some searching the net for similar movement and try to find. Maybe it's a AS but that just a guess. 

Search by 15 jewels and the size of the movement. probably a 10,5 ligne? Sub second narrows it down maybe? Approx year. Name on watch could also help. 

And take care as that is probably a radium dial and hands? 

Edited by rogart63

It took me a while to realize that this watch is opened from the dial side. After removing a ring around the glass and lifting the flanged glass I was able to slide out the movement when the crown was in a "good" position.

The case also looks a bit weird with the four corner holes that at first I thought would be for some kind of cover but find are unthreaded when looking closer.

As can be seen in the photos, the stem is really short with a "hook" that fits inside the hollow crown.

Curious to hear if anyone has seen this design before and can enlighten me a bit ?

The movement doesn't have anything to id it by and I appreciate any hints as the balance pivot(s) are gone and I need to find a replacement.

IMG_3322.JPGIMG_3323.JPGIMG_3326.JPGIMG_3324.JPGIMG_3325.JPG

We need more info to narrow down the search. IE the size of the movement also any markings or serial  numbers also help.Also the name on the dial sometimes helps.

Hi,

Attached is a snap of the dial. Curiously enough it doesn't come with a fancy "name". The wording "vattentät" is simply Swedish for waterproof. Presumably the watch is of some generic design and adapted for the local market it was sold into?

The case back has the words "neoplat 430" on the outside and 393 on the inside. Googling for neoplat finds me a couple of cases with that wording on their case backs but nothing more of value.

The movement is 10,5 "' and I took out the balance but there was nothing more hiding under it. IMG_0325.JPG

Not much to go on and any competent sleuthing is appreciated...

Thanks a lot, I couldn't stop myself and just ran off and bought the one WatchMaker hinted at :-)

But I will keep your kind offer in mind if this one doesn't behave for some reason.

Again, thanks for everyone's contribution. This is a truly amazing place for insight and knowledge!

I think I should defend myself here and say my mention of that link wasn't a suggestion to buy; just that this page came up after a quick 'google image' search and had better pics than the movement pic on ranfft I thought might be useful!

The ad does say the watch is running though! Alternatively always worth a look out on ebay or similar for stuff even if you've sometimes got to wait a while for the right thing to turn up! However take a peek at item number 142410005443! This is not a suggestion to buy it though! :) B)

No worries, as a hobbyist and newbie I'm just pleased to find ways to explore these things deeper for what I'm beginning to realize is pocket money in the bigger picture of watch "hunting".

If any written or unwritten forum rules were broken here, it's all on my shoulders :-)