tickoprint repair

pappa

dear all.

in the past, al was  so much easier and better, and hence we like to keep the past. At least I do. I have an old TickOprint watch timing machine that has served me well for many years, but now is on the blink. Although i am not unfamiliar with electronic repairs, this thing baffles me. It s a version with valves, no transistors yet. My pickup works but it does not "tick" any more. The paper rolls and the cilinder spins but no ticks from the watch get processed.

I need a schematic as the machine is of the pre-circuit board era. All hangs in the air and so its not easy to disassemble. I have the valves, they all glow but that is it.

is there anybody who has this information for me (to buy if needed)

thanks a million in advance. I do use tickoprint- the software version on a nexus-9, but i am not convinced that what I see is what is happening in the watch, its too erratic. so I want my trusted device back, if possible.

pierre O.

I do use tickoprint- the software version on a nexus-9, but i am not convinced that what I see is what is happening in the watch, its too erratic.
With applications you need a good microphone and stand, some applications developer sell it, or can be bought for about $70. Or you can buy a good machine with a color display for less than $200. Unlike old equipment, these show the all important amplitude value.

As a reminder your timing machine is very very old. Even the transistorized versions are very old. The electrolytic capacitors used in the power supply and sometimes in the circuitry are well past their rated life. Then the microphone has a crystal that's moisture sensitive they can disintegrate with time.

Then I have another link for someone who repairs timing machines notice from the price it be cheaper to buy one of the modern Chinese versions.

http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/services.html

• Like 2