[Restored/Update] [Vintage Chronograph] Is this watch destined for the graveyard?

Hello there everyone,

This is an update from this thread: 

I am returning to update as promised to those interested.

I took it to my watchmaker to get repaired and to verify the movement. He was pretty excited to work on it, and said it's all original and there hasn't been any messing around. It was gunked up bad with old oils and dirt. He took it apart, cleaned it all, and put it back together. Success - it works.

My next venture was to to take to a casemaker. This wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I scoured the forums for suggestions and found a few. None of them wanted the job. Too far gone, they said - but I wasn't giving up that easy.

I found a casemaker suggested on watchuseek. I gave him a call, he said he'd see what he can do. The watch was packed and sent to him. I asked for the following:

In terms of monetary value, this was in no way worth it. In terms of loving a watch, it was. I am so pleased with the outcome, and glad I went hell for leather on this piece.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, here they are in an album (in random order) - http://imgur.com/a/4TdOd

Cheers & Happy Holidays V

fourth.JPG

sixth.JPG

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, VeracityFirst said:

In terms of monetary value, this was in no way worth it. In terms of loving a watch, it was. I am so pleased with the outcome, and glad I went hell for leather on this piece.

That's why some of us go through all the trouble to restore! BEAUTIFUL watch wear it with pride! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VeracityFirst said:

Well don't be so sure- there's quite a market for vintage chronographs now and the value of all makes and models are continuously rising.

That watch looks fantastic- you'll get a lot of comments on it I'm sure.  I think it was money well spent.  :thumbsu: