Longines stem removal

Welcome to the forum. Why do you want to remove the stem? I'm just asking if you're interested in overhauling, because Its clearly a nice quality movement.

If you look at the photo, it looks as if this area has been attempted. Is this where you pressed in unsuccessfully?

J

Slide1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for replies i appreciate help 

I agree its a nice movement , the hands are loose so need access to dial side .

I just noticed the forum is related to the Youtube watch repair channel so thanks for videos etc .

Anyway i have tried above positions  lightly and can get no movement on them in all 3 crown / stem positions  i would of bet my life on the one  noirrac1j  suggested .

Ive lightly pressed everything i can see in all three position and nothing yet .

Ive found these photos online

One shows doing something to the crown lever maybe

the other i can see nothing in that area maybe letting power from spring ?

Untitled.jpg

Exchange of the winding tiga

For removing the stema fold in the winding position
The tiga must not be extracted in any other position

Remove the visible end of the pull tab with a
Screwdriver and take out the stem

To reset the winding stem

Insert the stem into its housing and stick to bottom

I looked at mine and tried to remove by pressing down on lever that noirrac1j suggested, nothing happened in every position. Since my case is different, (the whole movement lifts out), removing stem isn't an issue. I might suggest a professional watchmaker to look at if that is possible where you are located. Certainly  worth the time invested to get that type of opinion, rather than struggle with trying yourself. This is a high end movement and there are not many out there, (my balance assembly came from India!) I can assure you that you would be better off letting a more experienced hand do this, then trying to work on yourself. Just my opinion, p.s. this is close to a Lemania 8810 from what I could discover through web searches.DSCF0402.JPG

With the stem in the fully in position as it is in this picture, insert a screwdriver underneath the end of the lever and gently lift the lever enough to release the stem.  To fit the stem, just push it back in.

IMG_2869.PNG

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Well it's arrived, and it's a pleasant surprise. A 11.5''' 21 jewel FHF 72. It's running (just) and looks in great condition.  It needs a good service, and new crown and strap.  It's a front loader but doesn't have a split stem. There's a small lever (visible when you remover the bezel), which when moved, frees the stem and the movement from the case (a new one on me).  
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds, England. 
    • Hi All, I'm Geoff and I've been working on/with watches and clocks since I was thirteen. My dad was a watchmaker and while he did not want me in the field as a profession, I've always maintained a pretty good working knowledge. In the '70's I kinda got pulled back into things because Quartz revolution began and he only had limited electronic knowledge. So we combined skills. He the watchmaker and me the electronics tech. Being here in NY helped because we got to know the folks from Bulova, Seiko, Citizen, and WOSIC. H.B. Freid was my Dad's teacher and I was fortunate enough to get to know him too. I still maintain a bench here at home and occasionally work on watches for friends although the hands aren't what they used to be. Not going to be working on any FHF59 or AS1012's any time soon. Oddly enough though my years working with the field taught me how to work on almost anything else mechanical and mostly electronic. Since I was the one in the family who maintained Dad's cleaning and timing machines. those experiences carried over quite nicely into the worlds of recording and audio as well as others. I look forward to the discussions and maybe still learning a trick or two. Cheers to all and nice to be here.  
    • The best and almost only way to achieve the magical £ 4.04 individual watch cost is via the loophole ploy of job lot buys Ross. Dividing down the outlay by the number of watches purchased. I've managed it many times in the past, this then gives you the extra edge of choosing any watch from that lot. Maybe we should have an all time winner, whos prepared to troll  through the last four years of posts and pick some worthy contenders. Unfortunately i have a poorly shoulder so i cant raise my right hand and my left shoulder is out in sympathy for my right shoulder. Put your right hand up if you think i talk a load of bull 💩     🖐 Tom's comment is purely restricted to  the Bergeon culture of " lets rip off everyone on the planet " Voted , i thought to keep it in pounds as originally designed and out of respect for Andy . Personally i would have kept the £4.04 as I'm very traditionalist and dont like change but i know how hard you overseas guys are finding it and i believe in fair play. I expect to be posting the occasional Omega or Longines but then you brought this on yourself so dont get jealous Scott 😆
    • Ah but, will you count DIY versions.