How to repair very stiff bezel on Seiko 7T34-6A09 Flightmaster

Pict

The watch bezel is very stiff to move. It doesn't feel gritty, just very stiff as if the lubricant has dried out. Can anyone suggest a suitable way to remove the bezel without damage it as I don't have a knife vice tool? I have a spare gasket to hand if necessary, but probably a clean and re-lubrication will be all that is required. If so, what should I use for lubrication? Will greasing the gasket ring with a silicone grease suffice? Thanks, John.

14 hours ago, Pict said:

The watch bezel is very stiff to move. It doesn't feel gritty, just very stiff as if the lubricant has dried out. Can anyone suggest a suitable way to remove the bezel without damage it as I don't have a knife vice tool? I have a spare gasket to hand if necessary, but probably a clean and re-lubrication will be all that is required. If so, what should I use for lubrication? Will greasing the gasket ring with a silicone grease suffice? Thanks, John.

The bezel needs removing & once removed cleaning will resolve the problem. To remove a bezel I just use an old butter knife to lever it off. However if still not sure there are many vids on youtube to show how.

I have always used silicon grease on Seiko bezel gaskets for a smooth bezel turn. I grease the gasket in a container packed with foam so it only gets a very fine coat. I have never had any issues but I can see your point, especially if one was to be a bit too generous with the grease!

1 hour ago, ro63rto said:

Isn't the grease going to attract and trap dirt as its essentially open to the elements?

if you use to much it will attract dirt. I only use very little so that the gasket will slide over crystal ring. Otherwise it will catch the ring.