Finding Independent Jewellers to Fix Breitling Quartz Aerospace F65062

I recently go a Breitling Aerospace Quartz F65062 however unfortunately it’s not working and I got a refund.

However I’d like to get it fixed up but I’d rather not pay the £400 Breitling has quoted me so I was trying to find an independent that would do it however it has been harder than I thought it would be. I don’t need it cleaned, pressure tested etc, I can do that myself I just need it working.

Anybody know where to turn?

A little confused on your first point, you bought a watch and got a refund without returning the watch? 

Anyway it all depends on those aerospace movements, they're all listed as 'breitling <double digit numer>' could be that they're effectively re serial numbered ETA's, you see that sometimes, or it could be that they are indeed, made in house, which wouldn't surprise me, if that's the case I don't think any independent will be able to acquire the requisite parts to effect a repair, if movement parts are faulty.   

Maybe someone knows something I don't, though. 

Edited by Ishima
  • Like 1

On 07/10/2016 at 11:13 PM, Ishima said:

A little confused on your first point, you bought a watch and got a refund without returning the watch?

I bought it believing it to be working however when I replaced the battery I found it was not working so I got a refund to bring it down to the faulty value. I could probably still sell it for more however I’d really like to get it working again however I don’t want to get an extortionate bill back from Breitling.

From the jewellery shops I have contacted that do in house quartz repairs they all say it will need to go to Breitling. I assumed that an electrical engineer or computer shop may have branched out into quartz watch repair but I guess not.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, SSTEEL said:

Is this the ana-digital model that shares a Timex ana-digital movement?  H01 or something similar.?

Do you have a photo of the watch?

This is a picture of the watch that I lifted off the internet.

F65062.jpg

And this is a picture of the actual movement in the watch I want fixed.

B.jpg

If it as an  ETA 998.332 as mentioned above could I simply buy a new  ETA 998.332  and changing the hands and dial over?

• 1 month later...

998.332 won't work as the digital display is different(smaller).
I've tried to fit the 332 in your watch and although it fits ok the digital display is far too small height wise.
Try looking on eBay for an equivalent movement.
Failing that try and find an accredited Breitling workshop who will sort it out for you.
The movements,if you can find them,are relatively cheap at around £150
Fitting them is ok but aligning the hands can be quite a lengthy process .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk