Installation of Double Roller Table following Impulse Jewel Replacement

jdrichard

Assembly did not work as the pinion and pivots are worn out , I think. Any opinion?70614767a8eae621f0ba337897bb745d.jpg603ebeb5d8bcb61fd0cc59bf775b7c96.jpg

Plus I may have F'ed up the balance. So I am now looking for a new balance with double roller. Don't like learning things this way. The impulse jewel installation was successful , however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to say that your pivots aren't just worn out, they are altogether absent, and your rim is out of flat.

You're going to need a new balance staff, so your staking set will come in handy again, and you're going to need a set of truing callipers so that you can sort out the rim.

Unless of course you can find a replacement balance complete in suitable condition.

• Like 2

Sorry to say that your pivots aren't just worn out, they are altogether absent, and your rim is out of flat.

You're going to need a new balance staff, so your staking set will come in handy again, and you're going to need a set of truing callipers so that you can sort out the rim.

Unless of course you can find a replacement balance complete in suitable condition.

I do have truing calipers, thank god. I really want to complete this repair. The balance is worse than it looks in this photo as I hit the stake a bit to hard when I put back the Hairspring; distorted the spots of the balance. I am learning too much on this repair.:)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

So tonight I will true the balance using my new old truing callipers, and proceeding as indicated in the following text.4a3911bf8f5a343378f816899fd166b6.jpg
The bend I created was from staking the hairspring collet with a hammer, when I should have just pressed down on the stake with my thumb. Live and learn.

• Like 2

Thanks for the video!  I too have been playing around with a new staking set with some parts movements but not many videos that show how to use them correctly.

ps.........also love the hooded Seiko dive watch!  Have a couple of those they are great.

Eric

• Like 1

Thanks for the video!  I too have been playing around with a new staking set with some parts movements but not many videos that show how to use them correctly.

ps.........also love the hooded Seiko dive watch!  Have a couple of those they are great.

Eric

Thanks Eric. I am learning the hard way....just dive in.