Click springs ETA no.

AP1875

OK a little embarrassed here!  i'm sure you guys have heard of this a thousand times, but i was placing the click spring back in and it has sprung off into the abyss to start a new life on my floor... I actually got it in first time however i saw Mark test the click was operating correctly by giving it a little dab with his tweezers so id thought id do the same, big mistake! I pushed too hard and knocked the click spring out of place. oh well you live and learn... I'm done searching for it now so i'll have to try and get a replacement...

I'm using a cheap 2824 chinese movement to practice on. Cousins lists a click spring as part 430 eta 2776. Is this the correct part? £5.96!

They also sell a bag of a hundred non branded springs for half the price. Would that be a better option?

A big magnet is a wonerful thing just a thought for next time ( trust me there will be a next time ). And you can never have tò many bits for your spares box.

Yep that's how I found it. I have a strip magnet on a piece of card [emoji1303]

Oh yeah, for us, ball pen haters it is a great sport: hunt those pens and disembowel them! I did to get the little ball to fix the diver bezel in a Seiko...and it works great!!! :D

PS. Where are the lovable fountain pens nowadays!! Those I collect! :)

• Like 1

You usually help with a tooth pick or similar with an end whittled into a flat screwdriver shape and the other as it comes, sharp. Never let go of one of your instruments: the tweezers on one side and the stick on the other...at least one of them should be controlling the spring...I've lost several before I learned that lesson so welcome to the club!

Cheers,

Bob

You usually help with a tooth pick or similar with an end whittled into a flat screwdriver shape and the other as it comes, sharp. Never let go of one of your instruments: the tweezers on one side and the stick on the other...at least one of them should be controlling the spring...I've lost several before I learned that lesson so welcome to the club!

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for the tip Bob.

Do you know if the part I mentioned is the correct?

HI AP,

The correct number is 430 for an ETA 2824 movement...I don't know if that is the equivalent for its Chinese counterpart but the other ETA movement you list, although it may have the same part number in the tech data, it doesn't look the same ( or may be the same size either). So, I'm not too sure what to recommend...is the movement you are working on a part by part copy of the ETA 2824 or is it a copy of the ETA 2776? Either way, it is the same number but it may be different shapes/size. I don't recall working on the 2776 so I can't tell you for sure.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob, thank you for taking the time to look into my answer.
It's just a cheap 2824 movement off eBay, in terms of where all the parts are placed it seems to be an exact copy. However a couple of the measurements/part sizes do seem to be slightly off from the genuine ETA model.
I did search for the part by typing in 2824 on the cousins parts list though. I was just a little confused as it says part #430 2776. I guess a call to customer services is in order to double check.

2 minutes ago, AP1875 said:

It's just a cheap 2824 movement off eBay, in terms of where all the parts are placed it seems to be an exact copy. However a couple of the measurements/part sizes do seem to be slightly off from the genuine ETA model.

So it is. You can't assume that any part from ETA will fit the Chinese, and vice-versa.

Edited by jdm

Cousins stocks the Chinese movement. Did you check if they have the Chinese parts? I believe a complete 2824 Chinese (Cousins part # TY2130M) at cousins goes for about 70 pounds.

Interesting Bob, I didn't realise Cousins stocked these movements