Can a human hair lead electric current?

Had a omega lcd that lost a lot of time over a few days. Decided to take it apart and see how it looked. I found a little hair inside the electronics. Could that have caused the problem with the slowing watch? I have put it together again and will check it over the next few days to see how it goes: 

It was probably under different conditions but Thomas Edison tried out human hair as a filament in his electric light bulb experiments. However, whereas we all know it can hold a static charge from the Van de Graf back at school (way back in my case) I am siding with George on this one. Good fun question though and I am keen to know the result. If it is as I suspect non conductive ( unless wet of course ) could it have interfered with the current flow in some way, I am presuming it was a new battery.

Cheers,

Vic

It's the same problem with the watch as before i removed the hair.  So i guess the answer is no? 

To bad as it would have been a great and easy repair? And i wrote human hair? Could very well be a cat or dog hair? Or ........... ?

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

It's the same problem with the watch as before i removed the hair.  So i guess the answer is no? 

To bad as it would have been a great and easy repair? And i wrote human hair? Could very well be a cat or dog hair? Or ........... ?

Bear Hair!

• Like 1