Britix watch

Saw this today and right now bid is at ~$30 USD, I searched and found some interesting results, from a company that just supplied watches for "tourist" trade with low quality movements to a real high end chrono movements, Venus and the like. I know it's not a popular U.S. brand, but would it be worth putting a reasonable bid on? This looks like a world timer, judging by the bezel.

britix.jpg

What about the 4R36 grail-du-jour? Why putting the other watches in danger for a three-crowned stranger? All that because of a demode' Albionic nostalgia from a rebel land? Watch-out (pun intended), you could be listed in an auction soon if crossing the line.

• Like 1

I've seen the old Landeron based chronographs that were sold as Britix but nothing quite like this.  What do the pushers at 2:00 and 4:00 do on this one? As a tinkerer, the most important factor when considering a purchase for me is the type and condition of the movement inside.

2 hours ago, RyMoeller said:

I've seen the old Landeron based chronographs that were sold as Britix but nothing quite like this.  What do the pushers at 2:00 and 4:00 do on this one? As a tinkerer, the most important factor when considering a purchase for me is the type and condition of the movement inside.

I wish I knew more about function and movement, but it's one of those 'as is' type deals. It is like the 'box of chocolates' theory. Appreciate the comment, I don't like buying something I don't know about either.

10 hours ago, jdm said:

What about the 4R36 grail-du-jour? Why putting the other watches in danger for a three-crowned stranger? All that because of a demode' Albionic nostalgia from a rebel land? Watch-out (pun intended), you could be listed in an auction soon if crossing the line.

Pretty safe on the 4R, not really a grail, (to me) supply is still plentiful, it's the price that is attractive. Self described cheap ba$tard that I am!!!!!

Thanks for your brutally honest input.