Help resizing stretch wristband

Bend the tab over until flat on the upper side of bracelet link with strong flat blade, that will expose two tiny staple like pins, (connecting the links) bend bottom one to release the ones holding bottom, size accordingly, (you will have to repeat process on link(s) end to be removed), bending them back is a bit of a trick, seems like you never get them back the way they looked before you start. Good luck!

...and the first time you do it you might scratch things a little if not careful...in the end they are all sort of "all the same". Once you do one you'll be an expert!! Good luck!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Of course, I trained on an old rusty one, made a little different, maybe that's why I couldn't find the "U" clip right away: some have them under one of the "retaining" lips, -- not as easy as in the video -- so there is a bending and unbending thing to do on those....some others are just straight forward and exactly as in the video. :)

...and the first time you do it you might scratch things a little if not careful...in the end they are all sort of "all the same". Once you do one you'll be an expert!! Good luck!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Of course, I trained on an old rusty one, made a little different, maybe that's why I couldn't find the "U" clip right away: some have them under one of the "retaining" lips, -- not as easy as in the video -- so there is a bending and unbending thing to do on those....some others are just straight forward and exactly as in the video. [emoji4]

Thanks bob, it's for an old friend, I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is just a one off adjustment go with what people are saying, but if you're likely to do more, i'd suggest learning to remove the plate that covers the outside on both points your adjusting, (stretch the bracelet open looking at the back of the bracelet, you should see it secured by 2-4 little arms of metal that can be bent back which secure the front plate, then they can be pushed back down when you're done) it's sort of more work, as in more steps, but I feel like it ultimately makes the job easier and you risk less cosmetic damage.

Edited by Ishima
formatting

• 3 weeks later...