Better amplitud mechanical Ingersoll

Hello !
I have a watch brand Ingersoll that didn't work. The pinion on third wheel and on escape wheel was used. I've bought a chinese movement in order to take the parts that I needed.  The watch is working but I 'm not able to get a decent amplitud. Measuring with timegrapher I get between 180 and 190 degrees. What could be wrong? I have not cleaned inside the watch because it looked good and I don't own a ultrasound machine. Can you give me any advise in this matter? 

Best regards 
Ivano 

20160702_135747.jpg

20160703_105907.jpg

I understand that you have swapped parts from an Asian 7750 to an original ETA Valijoux movement?

If so, it cannot be assured that any part will be a perfect fit, they are manufactured with different (worse) tolerance specifications. For example the new escape wheel might not perfectly match the angle on existing pallet fork.

Cousins UK sells the original ETA parts, however I can't tell that these would solve the amplitude problem.  

In any case, to perfectly clean a watch movement an ultrasonic machine is not needed. Watches were made and serviced for hundred of years before these were invented.

16 minutes ago, Geo said:

I have a feeling that Ingersol may well use an Asian movement, but I could be wrong.

They may, but unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem. There are multiple factories on 7750s in China, and one of the last things they care about is maintaining dimensional consistence with the original or other manufacturers. Chinese movements are a great resource, but there is none or little information about exactly which parts can be used as replacement for original ETA.

If the replacement movement that was purchased have good performances, a more expedient and effective solution could be to replace it entirely.

The watch will work with amplitudes of 180-190 but you might find it will not start without a bit of a shake. There are many things that can cause low amplitude such as Geo mentions good cleaning & lubrication. It could be the balance is out of beat or if the cap jewels have not been cleaned & lubed or the parts fitted are a bit tight. The only way really is to strip clean lubricate & check parts & check for free movement when assembling.

• Like 1