Relum Seiko 6105-8110

Hello Mates!!

I have got hold on a Seiko 6105-8110, and Im thinking of relum the dial. And have bought some aftermarked hands, and thought I could trip them down and relume them aswell.

Why I have bought new hands, is beacuse the old hands are beond saving, or not ??     I have put up a photo, pls look an give me an feedback on this issue aswell.

The question is what to use of relumination product and the color, to get it as alike the original.

Thanks and Best

Arkobugg...

$_1.JPG

O no you don't want to do that? I am a Seiko original fan. The best way to keeps it's value of that watch is to leave as is? You will never ever get it as original . Seiko use it's own lume that is not on the market? A Seiko collector will spot that in one second? Try to find some better original hands ? They are expensive so prepare the open wallet? 

I've see relume work on Seiko divers that has been very well done, and appreciated by collectors too. The hands is picture can be reconditioned to be excellent. Then if one can get these results DIY, that's another matter.

7 hours ago, ro63rto said:

Looks like someone has already re-lumed the dial.

That is correct, thats why Im woundering to do it Its not bad lum in dark Pretty ok. But the lume has been sort of swelled. So it is easy to see that is has been relumed. The dial also are missing the markings in the bottom:

JAPAN     6105     between :30 and :35,

-8009T    between :25 and :30  So then are the question: Is the dial original??

$_57.JPG

8 hours ago, jdm said:

I've see relume work on Seiko divers that has been very well done, and appreciated by collectors too. The hands is picture can be reconditioned to be excellent. Then if one can get these results DIY, that's another matter.

How can I refurbish this hands on a best way to vintage 100 % superb?

8 hours ago, rogart63 said:

O no you don't want to do that? I am a Seiko original fan. The best way to keeps it's value of that watch is to leave as is? You will never ever get it as original . Seiko use it's own lume that is not on the market? A Seiko collector will spot that in one second? Try to find some better original hands ? They are expensive so prepare the open wallet? 

Sombody have tried to lume it before. But the lume has been sort of swelled. So it is easy to see that is has been relumed. I think glowing in the dark is cool, so I like that, but like I said, this lume here is swelled.  And thhe dial also are missing the markings in the bottom:

So what you think rogart 63?

32 minutes ago, arkobugg said:

Sombody have tried to lume it before. But the lume has been sort of swelled. So it is easy to see that is has been relumed. I think glowing in the dark is cool, so I like that, but like I said, this lume here is swelled.  And thhe dial also are missing the markings in the bottom:

So what you think rogart 63?

I guess not. As you say maybe not original dial? looking suspicios?  I have seen someone but can't find it right now? That did a great job with a 6105 dial and hands? But i think you should go with the hands ? Hands can be nickelplated again? 

Hands can be nickelplated again , sound like a expensiv project ? Or do you know sombody who can du this for a resonable price?   What you say about buy new AM hands and trip them down and relume?