Non Smooth Setting

So this has been an issue that has cropped up numerous times. When I've reassembled a vintage watch, setting the time is very "jumpy", it doesn't want to turn smoothly. I've used D5 on the inside of the canon pinion, and the outside as well. I'm sure a seasoned watchmaker will know what this is right away.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, HorologicalHobby said:

So this has been an issue that has cropped up numerous times. When I've reassembled a vintage watch, setting the time is very "jumpy", it doesn't want to turn smoothly. I've used D5 on the inside of the canon pinion, and the outside as well. I'm sure a seasoned watchmaker will know what this is right away.

Thanks!

And the movement is? 

32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

what does the stem feel like when you turn it :  Does it feel gritty or difficult to turn? Did you notice if it's always hard to turn when the hands/the stem reach the same position? 

Not difficult, more like it wants to turn in 5 minute increments. Normal-loose-Normal-loose

4 minutes ago, clockboy said:

If the stem feels really loose then it could be the canon pinion slipping. If tight it could be a dial washer missing or perhaps the hands touching.

Stem is normal, and time keeping has been perfect and matches my timeographer readings. I'll take the dial off this evening and check for a dial washer. Wouldn't touching hands affect the time keeping? they're close, but I don't think that close.