Real Or Replica?

A friend of mind found a Tag Heuer CW2113/HF7209 watch in a Park and thinks this is a real TAG, how could I tell if its real or not?

Its a gents crono, with 3 sub dials at 3 6 and 9 o'clock, with a date window at 5pm.  It has the TAG emblem underneath the 12o'clock and the back of the watch is engraved with the TAG logo, above that is the words "Swiss Made since 1860"

and below the TAG logo is the numbers  CW2113  HF7209  and Water resistant 30M.

The back of the watch is held on by 4 cross head screws  its very heavy, and has a hidden clasp to open it

If this is real what would it be worth?

post-121-0-14392700-1398700425_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-74315700-1398700436_thumb.jpg

post-121-0-42195800-1398700430_thumb.jpg

not identical to yours but take a look at the differences for a similar watch

http://uhrforum.de/tag-heuer-monaco-cw2113-t38309#post508280

note the engraving on the case back, the tag logo is richer, & the numbers are engraved slightly lighter. And it has a beautiful mechanical movement in it. The one you have is a replica................ BUT this could be a very sentimental watch to someone, maybe a recently departed left to a son or daughter. Would be ashame to pass it on for a fast buck.

Hand it into the police & if its not collected it will become rightfully & legally your friends. If its collected it might be with some relief to the owner. (imo)

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Thanks for your replies and I am sure that my friend will be handing this into the Police, he wanted to see if it was real so that if there was a reward he would know who to contact and let them know where the watch was, and he knew that I was interested in watches and asked me.  I know that there are really good replicas around so I asked here where I knew I would get honest answers.

Thanks I shall give him the news. :)

David.

• 2 weeks later...

The serial number matches to the tag monaco, but this isnt even the right watch. I agree with you that the replicas have come a long way, but this was not one of them. If it were, he may have still gotten a reward for it.

Too bad.

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.