Can You Identify This Movement?

I recently acquired a Wittnauer 2000 perpetual calendar watch, seller claimed it had a Citizen movement, on another forum it was suggested that it is a Orient movement as Orient made a perpetual calendar watch almost exactly the same.

From what I can find the Orients use the 46941 movement but it uses Seiko's magic fingers for the auto wind, the Orient 429 movement uses an integrated auto wind but it is 27 jewel not 17 jewel.

I just can't seem to relate it to any other movement and hope somebody will know.

This is the movement.

W-005_zpsghqlv9a0.jpg

I recently acquired a Wittnauer 2000 perpetual calendar watch, seller claimed it had a Citizen movement, on another forum it was suggested that it is a Orient movement as Orient made a perpetual calendar watch almost exactly the same.

From what I can find the Orients use the 46941 movement but it uses Seiko's magic fingers for the auto wind, the Orient 429 movement uses an integrated auto wind but it is 27 jewel not 17 jewel.

I just can't seem to relate it to any other movement and hope somebody will know.

Like this orientcalblacksteel_09.jpg

from http://bbwatches.info/orientcalblacksteel.php

It's a 429 movement, with reduced jewel count for import duties reasons, and "white label" for marketing.

Note, Orient's "perpetual calendar" is not such in horological terms. It is merely a perpetual calendar calculator, totally separated from the actual movement, which dial is moved by the stem pinion visible in your picture.

Like this orientcalblacksteel_09.jpg

from http://bbwatches.info/orientcalblacksteel.php

It's a 429 movement, with reduced jewel count for import duties reasons, and "white label" for marketing.

Note, Orient's "perpetual calendar" is not such in horological terms. It is merely a perpetual calendar calculator, totally separated from the actual movement, which dial is moved by the stem pinion visible in your picture.

Thanks for that jdm, the 429 movement was the only one that looked suitable, but the jewel count was throwing me off as I have found no mention of a 17 jewel model anywere except the site you linked to and they are quoting a 17 jewel movement for a watch clearly marked on the dial 27 jewels.

In any case I think it would be the calibre to use for parts purposes.

I was aware that the calendar was only a calculator, makes the watch look a little different though.

Thanks for your help.

Max