Any Info On This Swiss Ladies Watch That I Found In A Drawer

I don't know JD, my take on it:

I think Elgin watches take their name from Elgin the NW suburban town in Illinois (Chicagoland area) where it all started. There were a lot of Swiss people originally living there...they moved later on though. The fact that it started as a company there or people originally from there started it somewhere else I will have to research...This is off the top of my head, what I remember from what someone told me in my home town many years ago. Elgin was not far from it.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. size may be a problem but go about it as if it was a regular, bigger watch...same rules apply.

• Like 1

I don't know JD, my take on it:

I think Elgin watches take their name from Elgin the NW suburban town in Illinois (Chicagoland area) where it all started. There were a lot of Swiss people originally living there...they moved later on though. The fact that it started as a company there or people originally from there started it somewhere else I will have to research...This is off the top of my head, what I remember from what someone told me in my home town many years ago. Elgin was not far from it.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. size may be a problem but go about it as if it was a regular, bigger watch...same rules apply.

I am in fact half Swiss on my mother's side. I was born to work watches.

From Canada

• Like 1

Honestly JD, I found my set on ebay, as a matter of fact I bought 2 for some "reasonable" price (i.e. too expensive for the use they get!) Since I don't do volume, I prefer to do the mainsprings by hand...so they never get used! What can I say, if ever I'm ready with 2 sets at hand. :)

Honestly JD, I found my set on ebay, as a matter of fact I bought 2 for some "reasonable" price (i.e. too expensive for the use they get!) Since I don't do volume, I prefer to do the mainsprings by hand...so they never get used! What can I say, if ever I'm ready with 2 sets at hand. :)

can you sell one set to me? I am hurting bad. I already created a spring BALL with the 6139 and had to in tangle the spring and reshape it. I would be forever owing and could perhaps provide you with genuine Canadian Maple Syrup:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with those is that some work well in some watches and some with others such as Rolex, etc. I'm covering both bases, sorry! But ebay has many to chose from, honestly, with the advantage of considering quality and price out of all the offerings.

The problem with those is that some work well in some watches and some with others such as Rolex, etc. I'm covering both bases, sorry! But ebay has many to chose from, honestly, with the advantage of considering quality and price out of all the offerings.

Rats. eBay does have some universal winders but not sure if they will work on the barrels I am working on. By hand it is.

Bob, will these tools work for winding springs on a seiko6139 barrel

c9ae459a591c1854267835046595589b.jpg

I haven't used mine on Seiko yet. I usually do them by hand or replace with new barrel complete, depending. Compared to ETA I believe they turn the other way. Also, you need to check the drum size...

I haven't used mine on Seiko yet. I usually do them by hand or replace with new barrel complete, depending. Compared to ETA I believe they turn the other way. Also, you need to check the drum size...

Problem Solved.

d3a8125f18c35866e07b20b401d55b44.jpg

• Like 1