Square Crystals?

rogart63

I am looking for a square crystal for a Tissot watch? It has been replaced by a plastic crystal that someone has done. Very badly done. Have no idea where to look? Have search cousinsuk? And Ebay? Nothing that could work. The crystal is 1,5 mm thick and is 26,3 or 26,4 x 24,4 mm in size and has rounded corners. At cousinsuk they call it bale shape? 

Have you checked out the Sternkruze range at cousins? 

I have the same problem with a Seiko, the crystal is listed as obsolete and nothing seem to match from measurements unfortunately it is a stepped crystal.

Is your crystal just a flat crystal? If so you can get flat sheet acrylic from cousins to make your own shaped crystal.

Sorry that's about all the help I can offer!

Max

In these parts, we are lucky some of the vendors (Borel for one) will offer custom cut crystals in plastic and mineral glass (don't know about sapphire). I've done a couple with them and I'm very satisfied...only I think it would not be price effective for you guys. Maybe locally to you there is a crystal fitter or whatever their trade is named that can do the job...don't expect low cost for custom made cuts.

• Like 1

Have you checked out the Sternkruze range at cousins? 

I have the same problem with a Seiko, the crystal is listed as obsolete and nothing seem to match from measurements unfortunately it is a stepped crystal.

Is your crystal just a flat crystal? If so you can get flat sheet acrylic from cousins to make your own shaped crystal.

Sorry that's about all the help I can offer!

Max

I have. Unfortunately no crystal that would work. Do a acrylic crystal i think i can do that? But i want a mineral crystal. I wonder if i can cut one from a sheet and round the corners with a diamondtool in the dremel? Cousinsuk has 1,5 mm sheet material i think? 

I am looking for a square crystal for a Tissot watch? It has been replaced by a plastic crystal that someone has done. Very badly done. Have no idea where to look? Have search cousinsuk? And Ebay? Nothing that could work. The crystal is 1,5 mm thick and is 26,3 or 26,4 x 24,4 mm in size and has rounded corners. At cousinsuk they call it bale shape?

Http://www.crystalfit.com/crystalshapes.html

http://www.crystalfit.co.uk/quotenew.html

Edited by ro63rto